Dear Chamblee First UMC supporter,
We want to thank you for your continued support of our church. Without your financial support, volunteerism and membership we would not be the church that we are. Thanks to you, we support ministry in our local community and abroad, provide the love of Jesus to our children, and a safe place for all to worship. We are proud of what we offer to the community, and are always working to do more.
As many of you are aware over the last several years we have completed two building campaigns that have restored the education wing, renewed the sanctuary, created new spaces for the youth and choirs, and created welcome areas for worship. So many of you have given your time and money to support these efforts. Many of you have literally built this church with your hands. We are immensely grateful for that dedication and service.
Starting on May 1, we will kick off a campaign to make the final payment to retire all church debt. Due to a generous bequest from the Lantz Trust, a dollar for dollar match will be provided for up to $25,000 for a 60 day period. There is approximately $51,000 of debt remaining from the Restore II capital project and we believe with your support and prayers, Chamblee First UMC can be debt-free in 60 days! Further, any funds raised over the Restore debt expense will be used to build back a church reserve for the general operating budget.
Over the next 60 days we ask you to be an owner in this campaign. Whether it be $1 from the smallest child or something much larger we are all equal partners in this church. Let’s work together to be debt free and celebrate ownership in something greater than ourselves. This church has provided gifts to each of us; a place to worship, a place to meet in fellowship, a place to learn and a place to pray. We appreciate your help and we look forward to celebrating the fact that 60 days from now every pew, door, steeple, and chair will be paid off thanks to you!
Ways to be part of the team that makes Chamblee debt-free:
- Check or cash. Please place “Mortgage Final Payment” in the memo line.
- Online. You can pay online through My Chamblee or text CHAMBLEE RESTORE to 73256 to give to the RESTORE II fund (standard text messaging rates may apply).
- Gift your stock. This allows for a charitable deduction on the full value of the stock donated. For highly appreciated stock this can lead to a double tax savings (a charitable gift, and no taxes paid for capital gains). Reach out to Michelle Watts for account transfer information.
- Donate real estate and a receive double tax savings (a charitable gift, and no taxes paid for capital gains).
- Donate an IRA required distribution to the church for tax savings.
- Donate your time. The church has numerous volunteer opportunities. Without volunteers many of the things we take for granted don’t get done.
- Your prayers. Please be in prayer for your fellow members and others in our community. Your prayers give strength to the sick and comfort to those dealing with tough times.
For a tongue-in-cheek version of our story, watch below.